Saturday, January 21, 2012

Gluten Free Gingersnaps!

I love the flavor of molasses. Molasses candies, ginger snaps, gingerbread, etc. I baked up a batch of GF Ginger Snaps and I couldn't be more pleased! It's my own recipe, I might change the white sugar to brown sugar next time, but hmmmm, my mouth and tummy are happy!
 Gluten Free Ginger Snaps

Dry Ingredients

  • 1 C. my GF flour mix (this is a mixture inspired by:  http://gluten-free-reality.blogspot.com/2011/01/healthier-featherlight-mix.html I use more buckwheat and potato, less brown rice and millet.)
  • 1/2 C. sweet rice flour
  • 1/2 C. sorghum flour
  • (Or you may use 2 C. of any gluten free flour)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbs. baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 rounded tsp. ground cloves
  • 1-1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 stick of room temperature butter
Blend all dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.  


Wet Ingredients
1 egg 
1/3 C. + 1 Tbs. molasses

About 1/4 cup sugar to roll cookie dough in
 

Directions
Lightly grease two cookie sheets and preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixer, thoroughly combine dry ingredient list.  Mix in egg and molasses. Mixture should be thoroughly moist and an even brown color.
Shape into 1 inch balls (about 24) and then roll in the 1/4 C. sugar.  Place 2"s apart on the cookie sheet, and then take the bottom of a small glass and flatten them to about 1/4" thickness. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes. 11-12 minutes makes a chewy cookie; 14-15 minutes makes a crisp gingersnap!

No comments: